Thursday 17 March 2016

Music For The Grand Entrance


Photograph used with permission


For many couples, the entrance is a special part of the wedding ceremony and the music played at this moment is important in setting the atmosphere and will be remembered by the happy couple for years to come.

Traditional wedding music is very popular, such as Canon in D major by Johann Pachelbel, which is lovely played live by a string quartet, harpist or classical guitarist. Another firm favourite is Highland Cathedral on the bagpipes. Others prefer more contemporary music, and this can either be played live or through the venue’s PA system.

Here's my own personal Top Ten, selected from my 2015 weddings:

1. Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet (Nino Rota)


2. Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)




3. Hoppípolla (Sigur Rós)



4. Baby I Love You (The Ramones)



5. Bitter Sweet Symphony (The Verve - Instrumental)




6. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You (Rod Stewart)




7. Feeling Good (Nina Simone)



8. Drops of Jupiter (Vitamin String Quartet, Train cover)




9. How Long Will I Love You (Ellie Goulding)



10. Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)



No comments:

Post a Comment